23. S. Hazra, Y. Hoshimoto, S. Ogoshi, “N-Phosphine Oxide-Substiuted Imidazolylidenes (PoxIms): Multifunctional Multipurpose Carbenes,” Chem. Eur. J. 2017, 23, 15238. Invited ‘Concept’ article; OPEN ACCESS; Most Accessed article on 2017 (from Oct. to Dec.).
22. Y. Hoshimoto, T. Asada, S. Hazra, M. Ohashi, S. Ogoshi, “Phosphorylation of Isocyanates and Aldehydes by Multifunctional N-Phosphine Oxide-Substiuted Imidazolylidenes,” Chem. Lett. 2017, 46, 1211. OPEN ACCESS
21. Y. Hayashi, Y. Hoshimoto, R. Kumar, M. Ohashi, S. Ogoshi, “Nickel(0)-Catalyzed Coupling Reactions of Carbonyls and Alkenes with Reducing Reagents Giving Six- and Seven-Membered Benzocycloalkanols,” Chem. Lett. 2017, 46, 1105. OPEN ACCESS
20. Y. Hoshimoto, K. Ashida, Y. Sasaoka, R. Kumar, K. Kamikawa, X. Verdaguer, A. Riera, M. Ohashi, S. Ogoshi, “Efficient Synthesis of Polycyclic g-Lactams by Catalytic Carbonylation of Ene-Imines via Nickelacycle Intermediate,” Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2017, 56, 8206.
19. K. Ravindra, Y. Hoshimoto, E. Tamai, M. Ohashi, S. Ogoshi, “Two-step synthesis of chiral fused tricyclic scaffolds from phenols via desymmetrization on nickel,” Nat. Commun. 2017, 8, 32. OPEN ACCESS
18. W. Tao, S. Akita, R. Nakano, S. Ito, Y. Hoshimoto, S. Ogoshi and K. Nozaki, “Copolymerisation of ethylene with polar monomers by using palladium catalysts bearing an N-heterocyclic carbene-phosphine oxide bidentate ligand,” Chem. Commun. 2017, 53, 2630-2633.
17. Y. Hoshimoto, Y. Hayashi, M. Ohashi, and S. Ogoshi, “Kinetic and Theoretical Studies on Ni(0)/N-Heterocyclic Carbene-Catalyzed Intramolecular Alkene Hydroacylation,” Chem. Asian J. 2017, 12, 278-282.
16. Y. Hoshimoto, T. Asada, S. Hazra, T. Kinoshita, P. Sombut, R. Kumar, M. Ohashi, S. Ogoshi, “Strategic Utilization of Multifunctional Carbene for Direct Synthesis of Carboxylic-Phosphinic Mixed Anhydride from CO2,” Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2016, 55, 16075-16079. OPEN ACCESS
15. R. Kumar, E. Tamai, A. Ohnish, A. Nishimura, Y. Hoshimoto, M. Ohashi, and S. Ogoshi, “Nickel-Catalyzed Enantioselective Synthesis of Cyclobutenes via [2+2] Cycloaddition of a,b-Unsaturated Carbonyls with 1,3-Enynes,” Synthesis 2016, 48, 2789-2794.
14. Y. Hayashi, Y. Hoshimoto, R. Kumar, M. Ohashi, S. Ogoshi, “Nickel(0)-catalyzed intramolecular reductive coupling of alkenes and aldehydes or ketones with hydrosilanes,” Chem. Commun. 2016, 6237-6240. OPEN ACCESS
13. R. Kumar, H. Tokura, A. Nishimura, T. Mori, Y. Hoshimotoi, M. Ohashi, and S. Ogoshi, “Nickel(0)/N-Heterocyclic Carbene-Catalyzed Asymmetric [2+2+2] Cycloaddition of Two Enones and an Alkyne: Access to Cyclohexenes with Four Contiguous Stereogenic Centers,” Org. Lett. 2015, 17, 6018-6021.
12. R. Kumar, Y. Hoshimoto, H. Yabuki, M. Ohashi, S. Ogoshi, “Nickel(0)-Catalyzed Enantio- and Diastereoselective Synthesis of Benzoxasiloles: Ligand-Controlled Switching from Inter- to Intramolecular Aryl-Transfer Process,” J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2015, 137, 11838-11845.
11. Y. Hoshimoto, T. Kinoshita, M. Ohashi, S. Ogoshi, “A Strategy to Control the Reactivation of Frustrated Lewis Pairs from Shelf-Stable Carbene-Borane Complexes,” Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2015, 54, 11666-11671. OPEN ACCESS; Highlighted in a Front Cover, and Altals of Science, November 18th, 2015: “Control the frustration between molecular pairs with external stimuli-responsive motions,” and Chemistry Today (Tokyo Kagaku Doujin Co.), March 2016.
10. Y. Kita, H. Sakaguchi, Y. Hoshimoto, D. Nakauchi, Y. Nakahara, J.-F. Carpentier, S. Ogoshi, K. Mashima, “Pentacoordinated Carboxylate π-Allyl Nickel Complexes as Key Intermediates for Ni-catalyzed Direct Amination of Allylic Alcohols,” Chem. Eur. J. 2015, 21, 14571-14578.
9. Y. Hoshimoto, M. Ohashi, S. Ogoshi, “Catalytic Transformation of Aldehydes with Nickel Complexes through η2 Coordination and Oxidative Cyclization,” Acc. Chem. Res. 2015, 48, 1746-1755. Account Special Issue for “Earth Abundant Metals in Homogeneous Catalysis”
8. M. Ohashi, Y. Hoshimoto, S. Ogoshi, “Aza-Nickelacycle Key Intermediate in Nickel(0)-Catalyzed Transformation Reactions,” Dalton Trans. 2015, 44, 12060-12073. Perspective
7. Y. Hoshimoto, H. Yabuki, R. Kumar, H. Suzuki, M. Ohashi, S. Ogoshi, “Highly Efficient Activation of Organosilanes with η2-Aldehyde Nickel Complexes: Key for Catalytic Syntheses of Aryl-, Vinyl-, and Alkynyl-benzoxasiloles,” J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2014, 136, 16752-16755.
6. Y. Hoshimoto, T. Ohata, Y. Sasaoka, M. Ohashi, S. Ogoshi, “Nickel(0)-Catalyzed [2+2+1] Carbonylative Cycloaddition of Imines and Alkynes or Norbornene Leading to g-Lactams,” J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2014, 136, 15877-15880. Highlighted in C&E NEWS 2014, 92, 35.
5. Y. Hoshimoto, Y. Hayashi, H. Suzuki, M. Ohashi, S. Ogoshi, “One-Pot, Single-Step and Gram-Scale Synthesis of Mononuclear [(η6-arene)Ni(N-heterocyclic Carbene)] Complexes; Useful Precursors of the Ni0-NHC Unit,” Organometallics 2014, 33, 1276-1282. Selected as one of the top 20 downloaded articles.
4. Y. Hoshimoto, T. Ohata, M. Ohashi, S. Ogoshi, “Nickel-Catalyzed Synthesis of N-Aryl-1,2-Dihydropyridines by [2+2+2] Cycloaddition of Imines with Alkynes via T-Shaped 14-Electron Aza-Nickelacycle Key Intermediates,” Chem. Eur. J. 2014, 20, 4105-4110.
3. Y. Hoshimoto, Y. Hayashi, H. Suzuki, M. Ohashi, S. Ogoshi, “Synthesis of Five- and Six-Membered Benzocyclic Ketones through Intramolecular Alkene Hydroacylation Catalyzed by Nickel(0)/N-Heterocyclic Carbenes,” Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2012, 51, 10812-10815.
2. Y. Hoshimoto, M. Ohashi, S. Ogoshi, “Nickel-Catalyzed Selective Conversion of Two Different Aldehydes to Cross-Coupled Esters,” J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2011, 133, 4668-4671. Selected as Most Read Articles (1st place) on May, 2011; Highlighted in Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2011, 50, 11047-11049, and Kagaku, 2011, 9, 12-16.
1. S. Ogoshi, Y. Hoshimoto, M. Ohashi, “Nickel-catalyzed Tishchenko reaction via hetero-nickelacycles by oxidative cyclization of aldehydes with nickel(0) complex,” Chem. Commun. 2010, 46, 3354-3356.